Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Poking my head in

Back from my extended and unintended summer break. I have some hobby-related thoughts and rants but I'm not in the mood to get in to them at the moment. I did want to let my readers (both of 'em) know that RoG is merely resting and not dead.

My first big rant is the entrenched persistence of brand loyalty and how it ultimately harms hobbies as a whole. I hope to get to that in the next few days. I've also had this idea floating around about discussing why I blog more and participate in message board and similar "social network" groups less and less. I've actually written a few drafts of that but I haven't been happy with the results. This isn't Twitter but it still pays to communicate your thoughts in as concise a manner as possible. Rambling manifestos turn readers off and have a funny way of being connected to authors who are, frankly, often nuts and possibly homicidal.

I'll try to spare you from that!

No comments:

Post a Comment