Monday, January 19, 2015

Project: Obitsu January 2015

Here's the first entry in my monthly Project: Obitsu feature. I want to focus on a different Obitsu or Obitsu-based doll in my collection each month. All of these dolls are 1/6 scale and are either entirely Obitsu or based on Obitsu bodies with other heads. Some of these will include dolls from Azone's era of 1/6 scale hybrids and possibly other manufactures as well.

January's subject is a girl I purchased a year or so back exactly as you see her here. I'm not entirely sure of her background, although she looks a bit like one of the early Mama Chapp Usami-chan dolls. She could also be a custom doll although she looks factory made to me. Who knows? I think she's rather attractive so I don't really care either way!

When I did this photo set, I realized this poor girl didn't have a name or any sort of background. While I still need to come up with a biography, I decided to name her Rainy Mourning. Her last name is a bit of a hat tip to goth model and reality TV personality Wednesday Mourning. Rainy is based on a standard Obitsu 27 cm body with the "hard shell" torso. Her head looks somewhat like an early production Volks vinyl head but I can't be absolutely sure about that. I love here outfit although I think she might need some more elaborate shoes to really pull off this look. Meh...the flats will do for now.





8 comments:

  1. She's pretty - those soft-looking eyes in particular!

    How many Obitsus do you have in your collection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like her eyes too.

      I'm not entirely sure how many Obitsu girls I have in total since a number of them are in "project status". If I had to guess, I would maybe 25 or so. It could be more.

      Delete
  2. Rainy has a very cute face and I love her outfit :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her outfit is lovely and I admire whoever had to sew that sheer material the black part is made from.

      Delete
  3. She looks custom! Her eyes have such soft lovely gradients that you don't usually see in stock dolls... so either custom... or just an awesome stock doll! Either way, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very possible she is custom but the paint work is very smooth if that's the case. The person I bought her from believed her to be custom as well, so that's the story I'm sticking with for now! ;)

      Delete
  4. She rocks that dress! Although, I usually feel somewhat uneasy about the, umm... dimensions of obitsu. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh! This girl and my subject for February both use the original "hard shell" 27 cm body, which is just a medium bust by Obitsu standards. However, some of my upcoming subjects will feature the huge, gravity-defying SB-2 body. I may have to add a warning to those posts!

      At least there aren't any Volks EB-E or F bodies around here. LOL

      Delete