Wednesday, June 8, 2016

D Day Special, pt. 3

After I finished the photo session for the previous entries, I started scouting around for what else I had in my collection that would tie in to my D Day theme. And while I'm not an avid completist collector of WW2 figures, it turns out I have a nice little selection. This isn't everything but for my next D Day tribute installment, I wanted to show a couple of my older figures and one in progress.


Here we have Dragon's 1st Infantry Division "Sgt. Dave" and a GI Joe Collector's Club 2nd Ranger Regiment figure. I have left them both as close to out of the box as possible and while Sgt. Dave still holds up pretty well, Joe could use some changes and upgrades to his gear. At the least, he needs a smaller helmet and more to-scale weapons, although I will probably switch his body for the later Super Articulated style I normally use.

Here are my normal four-view shots; sorry, no "in action" shots this time! First up, Ranger Joe-





Next we have 1st Infantry Sgt. Dave-




Dave is special to me because he was a birthday gift from my wife some years ago and was my first Dragon WW2 figure.



Finally, a brief look at BBI's 101st Airborne paratrooper, Cpl. Bud Norris-



Cpl. Norris is a really nice figure in spite of some early-2000s era details but I haven't been able to get much work done on him recently. Also, to be honest, I'm getting a little done with the D Day theme right now (Short Attention Span Theatre!) and I want to switch out some of his gear and weapons before I consider him finished.

I hope you've all enjoyed this D Day tribute and that you'll stick around for more bloggy adventures in the coming months. My wife has managed to convince me to stick with this format at least for the near future and so I've started compiling a list of possible subjects to post here during the next six months.




2 comments:

  1. Hi GT,
    I've gotta say I do love Dave, his face in that full frontal is adorable! I'm glad you have decided to stick around. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though faces have gotten more realistic in years since Dave was made, I think his sculpt and face up still holds up really well.

      Yep, I'm sticking with this basic format for at least the rest of the year. I already have my subjects for the next 3 months in the works. One big advantage is that my phone camera is as good, if not better, than my 8 year old Nikon DSLR. The biggest resource problem is time!

      Delete