Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ridin' In Style.... Or Not!

The Adventures Club photo challenge theme for July is "Travel Case" and Mio decided that she needs a case of her own rather than always getting stuffed in the big guy's cargo pocket. A disused camera bag seemed to be just the thing, with plenty of padding and lots of extra pockets to store her stuff. This would be a far more secure and comfortable way to travel.

Unfortunately, she didn't notice one rather major problem with the camera bag.

*sounds of a child's laughter and the stomp of running feet.*

*CLUNK* Stomp Stomp Stomp.... "Hehehehehe...."
Mio's voice: "Uuuuuuuugh! What happened?"

Mio: "Crap, I'm stuck! I need to push this thing over.... UUUUURRRRRRGH!"
*KERPLOP!*

KICK KICK (sound of Velcro ripping) RRRRRRRIIIIIP!
Mio: "WHOOOOOAAAAA!" *CRASH-THUMP* "Ouuuuch!"


Mio: *pant pant groooaaan* "Got to get out of this damn thing... feel like I've been hit by a truck... entire body hurts...."


(A little while later.)
Mio: "Use an old camera bag for a travel case!" "That had to be one of the stupidest ideas I've ever had! This thing is a death trap! It's hot, dark and not very comfortable. There's no way to see out of it and I could easily get locked inside."
"But that's not the worst part...."

Mio: "How did I fail to notice that this old camera bag was now the plaything of a giant two-year-old? I mean, it's not like I don't see him run through here all the time. How could I not see that one very major detail?"
"NEVER AGAIN! Man, I am so flippin' stupid!"
"At least he didn't realize I was in there and try to rescue me.... Geez!"


Editorial note: Normally, the local Adventurers Club travels by various exotic and mundane means. They aren't aware of the "big people" or that they're dolls. For the monthly photo challenges though, I've decided to lower the fourth wall to make things easier for me to handle. If I ever get around to doing an actual story line for them, I have a vague notion of a sort of fantasy dieselpunk-style world for them to inhabit. But yeah, not sure when I'll get around to working on that!

2 comments:

  1. Hehehehe, I love it, she's too cute XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! Try as I might, I was never able to get a usable photo of the "giant two-year-old" with the camera bag. That forced a change in the plan I had for the story but I think it still worked out OK.

    ReplyDelete